Hyundai Motor plans to support its own non-fungible token (NFT) community with an initial token release in collaboration with Meta Kongz this week, and a dedicated NFT website to launch in May.
See related article: 20,000 line up for South Korean convenience store’s NFTs on White Day
- Hyundai Motor, South Korea’s leading automobile manufacturer, will release 30 limited edition Meta Kongz NFTs on Wednesday at 1ETH (US$3,045.09) apiece on affiliated communities and the OpenSea NFT marketplace, according to a media release Sunday.
- The automobile conglomerate will officially launch its NFT collection and an official NFT website in May, in conjunction with dedicated communication channels for NFT holders on Discord and Twitter that went live on Friday.
- The NFT collaboration is part of Hyundai’s “Metamobility Universe,” a key concept the company is pushing for its future projects.
- The automaker said the token projects will be rolled out throughout the year as part of a strategy to keep expanding the “Hyundai NFT Universe.”
- The Meta Kongz blockchain project was developed by South Korea’s IT firm Like Lion, led by blockchain enthusiast Lee Du-hee.
- In March, Hyundai affiliate Kia Motors launched NFTs promoting its new electric vehicle models, which sold out shortly after their release, according to reports.
See related article: South Korea recruits NFT experts for metaverse boot camp