A Champion has been crowned! With a decisive victory in each round, Shiba Inu is the winner of 2022 BitPay Brackets! The Shib Army was ignited & voted in droves to propel SHIB through the tournament.
BitPay Brackets recap: sleeper coins rally, but SHIB ARMY conquers
We started with 16 of the top coins and gave you the power to crown a champion. Throughout the tournament, we saw surprising upsets, close matches that came down to the very last minutes of voting and a few blow outs that seemed to be over before they even started.
Notable upsets, nailbiters and blow outs
- Polygon (MATIC)¹⁴ made a Cinderella story run to ultimately face off with Shiba Inu (SHIB)¹² in the Final.
- Top seed USD Coin (USDC)³ got knocked out in an early exit falling to Polygon (MATIC)¹⁴.
- Fan favorite Dogecoin (DOGE)¹¹ left the tournament in Round 1 after facing off with Solana (SOL)⁶.
- Cardano (ADA)⁷ went through the first two rounds with a head full of steam but ultimately fell short to champion Shiba Inu (SHIB)¹².
- Popular BNB (BNB)² lost a close match to Polygon (MATIC)¹⁴ to narrowly miss the Final.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB)¹² was the clear stand out throughout the tournament, winning each of its matches with an overwhelming majority.
Thank you to the crypto community members who voted and participated in this year’s BitPay Brackets tournament! All of those that voted in each round will be entered in to win cool BitPay prizes and will be notified via email once winners are determined. We will see you in 2023 for another wild tournament!